Riley is becoming more and more interactive these days. He loves to turn on music and dance for anyone willing to watch and laugh. He also has started to love hide and seek - it's become part of our evening routine. We have a couple of columns in our dining room that are perfect to hide behind and then stick your head out and say "boo". Well Riley has now caught on and will initiate the game. The funniest part is that he says "boo" when he's hiding, not when he's looking at you. Pretty funny.
Riley continues to be interested in words, he'll watch our mouths and attempt to say what we're saying. I have a cross collection on one of our walls that Riley has always been interseted in. We talk about the crosses and Jesus whenever he points at them - which has been A LOT lately! Anyhow, he said "Jesus" for the first time - it was so cute. He points at the crosses and says "Dee-dus" - the only problem is he points at himself while saying this...we still have some things to work on.
He is also still signing (just more, please and thank you) which I've discovered is difficult if he's in his chair eating something and I'm cooking since I can't hear him. He usually starts to make enough noises with the signs to get my attention, but I have to laugh at myself every time! We are enjoying watching how amazing it is to see him becoming a little boy - and more independent at that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment