We were so blessed to be able to spend a week down in Texas visiting some of our dear friends. Nate went down on Tuesday for business and Riley and I followed on Wed. to go and stay in Fort Worth with the Trigger family. My dear friend Emily has a little boy, John Reid, who is 4 weeks younger than Riley. It was so much fun to get them together to play. Riley and I spent our first couple of days at the Trigger household enjoying each other's company and watching the boys grow closer and closer. I also was blessed to meet Emily's newest addition - her 6 month old Benjamin (who I realize now that I never got a single picture of?!). Our time consisted of going to the Fort Worth Zoo - which is one of the best in the nation if not the world. Seeing a TCU baseball game (in which my other friend, Karen, left in the middle of to go have a baby 3 hours later), enjoying walking around the campus, cooking out, and seeing the Burford family that I nannied while in school down there. So much fun packed into 5 days! I loved our time there and forgot how much I love Texas. The hospitality is like none other!!
Riley on the flight down - so excited to go see John Reid!

Day 1 at the Zoo

Holding a bird

Hugging - which quickly turned into wrestling with these boys

Bathtime

Go Frogs!

So Cute - Love those shirts



By the last night we couldn't get them to stop wrestling - they loved having a play companion just the right size!

Riley, Me, John Reid & Emily

Daddy & Riley in front of campus

checking out the football stadium

Frog Fountain - Riley was saying "Go Frogs" mid picture

And this was how we looked on the flight home...exhausted!

Thank you to all of our dear Texas friends who took such good care of us. Can't wait to come back!
1 comment:
Yeah for the Texas Trip post. I've been waiting for it. We miss you already and John Reid is having a hard time understandin why he can't tackle all his friends! He's wishing for Riley!! And I'm wishing for you! It was so great to have you all. We'll come see you next time!
Love, Em
Post a Comment