Well I (Jenny) had to head to Germany for a week for work. Nate and Riley dropped me at the airport and I had a very teary goodbye followed by a teary flight. So hard to leave them both and for so long. Watching "Marley and Me" on the plane might not have been the best choice because I was already tearing up so easily, but it was a cute movie. I made it here safe and sound and was welcomed with a great email update from Nate on what Riley and he did the rest of their Friday afternoon/evening. Nate also sent me pictures of our sweet boy - who apparently has his appetite back. He ate 2 whole sandwiches (1 PB&J and 1 grilled turkey & cheese) and kept wanting more. They got in a trip to Costco, a walk to the park, naptime, bath, etc. Nate even washed & waxed the car - I'm so thankful that Nate is such a hands-on capable daddy that it makes it somewhat easier on me to be away. However, I cannot wait to be reunited with them next Saturday and hope this is the last time I'm on the other side of the world from them. Please keep our family in your prayers during this time of distance. Nate and Riley will get plenty of bonding in and I can't wait to see them both soon!!



1 comment:
Jenny, this makes me tear up! I hope you have a safe trip. I'm sure your boys are enjoying this bonding time. I've noticed that special connection when I have left for a couple of days. We hope to see you when you return home.
Post a Comment